Ministries - Consolation
St. Francis Catholic Community is pleased to offer a ministry that assists in the planning of funeral rites. As Ministers of Consolation we help to bring comfort, peace and healing to those who grieve. When a member of our St. Francis community dies, we are called to minister to those who have suffered the loss and help them prepare the funeral service for their loved one. We also meet with individuals or families, who would like to pre-plan their own funerals so that their children and loved ones know their wishes when that time comes.
Please contact the Parish Office at 760-945-8000 to contact a member of this Ministry.
Louann Gigante, Chair St. Francis Ministry of Consolation
Ministry of Consolation- Funeral Musicians
From left to right: Andrew Amezcua, Vicki O’Gara, Anthony Nguyen, Sharry Young and Guadalupe “Lupe” Rios
- Andrew Amezcua (Cantor / Funeral Music Coordinator): Andrew has been involved with the Music Ministry since May 2000. With over 15+ years of experience of singing at Funerals, Andrew is always happy to assist with singing at the funerals. His contact information is [email protected] & 760-224-7985
- Vicki O’Gara (Pianist / Soloist): Vicki has been a pianist and soloist at St. Francis since August 2017. With over 30+ years of music ministry experience, she is always happy to assist with funeral music here at St. Francis Church. Her email address is [email protected]
- Anthony Nguyen (Pianist): Anthony has been a pianist at St. Francis since September 2011. With over 7 years of music ministry experience, Anthony is always happy to assist at the funerals here at St. Francis. His email address is [email protected]
- Sharry Young (Pianist): Sharry has been a pianist at St. Francis since 1996. With over 30+ years of music ministry experience, Sharry is always happy to assist at the funerals here at St. Francis. Her email address is [email protected]
- Lupe Rios (Pianist / Soloist): Lupe has been assisting with the funerals at St. Francis since April 2017. He is currently the Music Director at Mary, Star of the Sea in La Jolla. With over 10+ years of music ministry experience, Lupe is always happy to assist as a pianist and soloist at funerals. His email address is [email protected]